1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Window Not Going Up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Apr 18, 2009.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

My driver side power window is very slow to go down or up. Sometimes it needs a little help to get back up at all. Are there any common problems I should check out first? It seems almost like it is getting caught on something on the way up, but havn't even had a second to take a look at it yet.

2. supersteve1191

supersteve1191 Member

sounds like the window motor is getting ready to go.

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

In the window regulator there is a cheap plastic spool that has grooves in it that get worn out and then the cables rub together and fray. Eventually the window won't go up or down. I had to replace mine a month ago (2001 silverado) and I know a few other guys had to replace theirs too. All GMs between 00-03. If you are talking about your Dodge, then I'm not sure how theirs is put together.

4. DeereFarmer

Sorry, I was talking about my GMC 2500. How hard is it to replace?

5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Fairly easy to replace. It cost me $148.00 CDN for a new window regulator and I changed it myself. It cost the other guys about $300.00 each for someone else to do it. The one guy had to do both sides so it cost him around $600.00.
    Once the door panel is off it's a cake walk. Be sure to secure the window so it doesn't fall and break.

6. DeereFarmer

Cool. I might give it a shot or let my mechanic buddy help me for a 30 pack lol.

7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

check with NAPA or advanced auto or local auto parts supplier, I have seen the assembly for $90.00 and some local shops charge $25-30 to install it takes 15min. So if they tell ya its a peta they are crazy...