1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Window and Lock Wiring ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fordmstng66, Jun 10, 2010.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I have a 96 k2500, and just purchased a door i would say that is from 90-94 with power windows and locks. My current truck has power locks but now power windows. My questions is: Does anyone know or have a wiring schematic, so i can try and make the power windows work. I am sure the lock will work, but if possible i would like to just convert to power windows. Any help would be great.

2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

The power window function is powered by its own 30A fuse/breaker. The hot wire for windows up/down in that door should be pink. Just add a new fuse, and bring a +12VDC through to the new door and splice it to the pink wire that comes from the new door harness. The hot wire for the door locks is Orange/Black, and comes off of a 30A accessory fuse.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  3. fordmstng66

Thank you for the information, one more question. Is there a ground wire that runs in that harness? if so what color would that be? This helps me big time

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Looks like a single Black wire, that connects all the grounds from inside the power window module, carries the ground for the entire door, including the ground for the power lock module. This ground makes its way back to the convenience center below and to the left of the steering column, but you should just be able to tap into the black ground for the power locks on the truckside harness.

EDIT: It's black on both sides - truckside and doorside.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  5. fordmstng66

Thanks I am working with a passenger door, I will look for a black wire. I appreciate the help.

6. fordmstng66

I just looked at the door and the only wire that is the same on both the lock and is a tan wire. I don't see any black wire in the harness at all. Since the truck did not come equiped with power windows thee is not any wires through the dash except the power locks.