1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Vxt Wiring Issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by McDowellM, Dec 17, 2013.

1. McDowellM

McDowellM Junior Member

I've read many threads and not one describes the issue im having. I have an 2010 8'2" Power V-xt And i had one heck off a problem getting it to hook friday. When all the wires were hooked up i could get any response from the plow except clicking from the solenoid when trying to raise the tower. Yes it was in float mode. So i moved on and checked every connection and every fuse,relay. i cleaned everything thing. Then it started working. so all is good right. WRONG!! While Plowing it quit working again. I have power at the pump and the 13 pin has no loose pins anyother ideas on what to check? Thanks in advance! :confused:

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Bad solenoid, bad motor

3. McDowellM

McDowellM Junior Member

Already did that with a new boss solenoid

4. maxwellp

Does the motor run? Is there power at the motor?

5. McDowellM

McDowellM Junior Member

Yea it does I plowed with it for about 5 hours then I pulled it in the barn and it quit again I have power to the pump. Just so confused

6. maxwellp

If you have power at the pump and the grounds are clean. The motor has to be the problem. Brushes hanging up?

7. McDowellM

McDowellM Junior Member

Have not checked those. Could it be in the 13 pin plug?

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Everything works!... it's a bad connection..spread the prongs in your harness with a knife so they make better contact and check the control wire to the solenoid. I've had problems with corrosion where the wire meets the eye hookup do similar things

9. maxwellp

If the solenoid is clicking the pump should run. Is the 13 pin clean and greased up? If you jump the solenoid does the pump run?

10. maxwellp

"hooked up i could get any response from the plow except clicking from the solenoid when trying to raise the tower."

This is why I say it is the motor. You replaced the solenoid. If it is clicking on the pump has to run if all the contentions are good. If not / bad motor.

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Its the connection!!!!!! If doing the wiggle jiggle by yourself you might get it to connect for juice but if you have another set of hands that will prove what it is.We've ALL been there and there's tons of threads on it.Those connectors,even though they might appear fine are not always,it's what you can't see both in the backside of the pins and in the harness itself where the problem lies.If this is it and it definitely sounds like it,replace both plow and truck side connections.Good luck.

12. McDowellM

McDowellM Junior Member

I ended up ordering a new 13 pin harness for the plow and it works just fine now. still love the plow. Thanks for all the help men! Much appreciated:)