1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power-V XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by duraplow, Apr 22, 2010.

1. duraplow

duraplow Member

I have 2 Fisher 8'6" Straight blades and looking to put a new V-Plow on another truck. I put a MVP Plus on it last year and it flat out sucked!! Was wondering how many of you have the new V XT and how you like it compared to the Power-V? And is it better to get the Steel or Poly?:help:

Thanks alot,
    Andrew
    LANDSCAPE SOLUTIONS

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Why did it Suck..:confused:....Have you looked into a XLS,Wideout,Blizzard 810,811....I hear the Boss XVT Poly is a Good Plow...

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

While the MVP Plus/XtremeV are not great plows durability/quality wise, I always thought the XV plowed nice. Of course the chain lift sucks.

But the Boss V-XT is the way to go. I think I would go Poly.

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

after a year of decent plowing with the VXT poly,,,,it is the best way to go in my book,,,,just plain Bad ass.

5. Matson Snow

Palmer...Do you have a Red light and a Siren on your computer...When someone talks about a DD brand plow it goes off....:nod:...:laughing::jester:

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Close. It's a Yellow light, and the siren sounds like a chain going overboard with an anchor on the end :D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  7. Matson Snow

:laughing::laughing::laughing:.......

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Great, a computer you can short chain when it it fails. I smell a DD patent on the way.

9. duraplow

duraplow Member

The top gap cover chewed into the rubber deflector and the control and hydraulics dont match up to the Boss's. :mechanic:

10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i just finished my first season with a steel 8'2" v-xt coming from an older than dirt meyer st90 and e47 and wondered how i plowed with out the boss poly is better for keeping snow off the moldboard and only a mere 10 lbs heavier than the steel

11. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I have two boss xt's 1 9'2" Steel The other an 8'2" Poly. Would Not Trade it for the world....

12. duraplow

duraplow Member

I cant afford a V XT but I found a year old Power V in great shape but it has old style smartlights not the newer style on it. I was wondering if they were any good? Cuase I really wanna get rid of my Western MVP Plus

13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

The Boss V-XT is amazing. I love mine!!