1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power V-XT issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sagent, Feb 25, 2012.

1. sagent

sagent Junior Member

I have a 8"2" power v-xt that I picked up new November 2010. This fall I brought it to the dealer for what seemed like a lot of slop & movement from the horizontal hinge pin area. I got it back and it did seem better. Now halfway thru this weak snow season it seems to be even worse than before. I can grab the plows A- frame by hand and move it left / right & up and down fairly easily. You can see the A-frame is actually rubbing the plow body from the slop and the paint is wearing away. Is this normal on these plows? This is my first plow so I have no history plowing . I plow my small driveway and also about a 2 mile stretch of gravel road out to my cabin only so it is not a commercial use plow.
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't sound normal. I don't know these plows but I don't think thats normal.
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Have you checked all your bolts and nut, to make sure their tight?
  4. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

There is a nut and bolt that goes through the center section(.The part that the wings mount to). That nut should be on the passenger side. Boss found that as the blade trips this nut can loosen if it is on the driver's side. The old righty tighty left loosey statement applies. You might want to check there. With the nut on the passenger side the forward trip can only tighten the nut. Just the opposite would be true if it were on the driver's side.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Do you grease the center pin through the holes in the hinge with a grease needle....?