1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power upgrades for the 6.2

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by trevier, Mar 15, 2011.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

If anyone has one of these, is there any way to upgrade the power to them, new air filter,dual exhaust, computer chip, if anyone has done this do they notice any difference, thanks matt

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You're gonna need a good tuner or better yet a custom tune. With the HP that these trucks make nowadays, little things like air filters, exhaust, throttle body spacers, etc. don't make any noticeable power difference. Tuners will, my $0.02!

4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I had the 6.2l, and wonder...why in the heck do you need any more power outta it?

This truck has balls already. If you wanted more power this quick, why didn't you buy the 6.7 diesel?

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

then he will be like us waiting to upgrade the HP.....come on sparten and release the power

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Don't waste your money on an air filter or exhaust,do a custom tune. Just take the money you would have spent on the air filter and exhaust and use it to buy gas.

7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Man I'll tell ya, if you want more power than you're going to have to go diesel. I gotta say this 6.2 is the best running/pulling truck I've had. Just made a trip up to WI yesterday w/ my 20' landscape trailer (heavy duty w, 5klb axles, heavy gate, etc, weighs in around 2700lbs) and I LOVE the way the truck pulls. I went to pick up a skid steer from another member on the site and was very anxious to see how it pulled back. Well, computer numbers had me at 9.3mpg on the way up at 75mph. Reset the computer and had me at 8.9 on the way back at 75. I was absolutely shocked at how easily the truck ran 75 w/ a 5000lb skid and my trailer. I could have went 85 no problem. I can only imagine how the diesels pull w/ damn near double the torque. Obviously if you pulled large loads every day then I can see the need but for pulling a lawn trailer and the occasional skid steer these things come loaded w/ plenty of power out of the box.

8. trevier

trevier Senior Member

thanks for all the feedback on this, now all I need to due is find, anyone know where I can find a 250 lariat crew 4wd in white, I've looked all over NH and these trucks are few and far between, the search goes on, looking for gas also,:rolleyes: