1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power supply question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Chevytruck85, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I have a 2 head PSE power supply there are 4 wires one is the 12 v power another is the ground another is quad flash and the last one is HI/LO power control. My question is if you want quad flash do you power the quad flash wire with the 12 v power wire? and what is the HI/LO power contorl for and what do i hook it to? Thanks
  2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im not sure about your wiring, but im wondering about the high low switch also. I dont see anything differnt happen when I switch it back and forth, What is it for? I have one with that option, and the other one is just a a toggel switch to turn them on. I like this system better casue you can choose your flash pattern with the turn of a switch, unlike the other one where you have to switch wires around on the control box.
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

The low power feature dims the output on the strobes slighty, most of the times just enough to take the extra glare off, unless you get a good distance away, then you would notice it more. It cuts the output to about 75% of full power. For the quad flash question, apply 12+ power to this wire, either from its own switch, or directly in from the 12+ feed.

Good Luck
  4. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

thanks for your help guys