1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Supply on Carpet

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kelpike, Feb 17, 2008.

1. kelpike

kelpike Junior Member

I am trying to mount my CSP 690 power supply. It will not fit behind or under rear seat of my pickup. It will fit under the passenger seat but there is carpet throughout. Will I have a problem with heat if its mounted to carpet? Or should I try to mount it to a thin peice of metal then mount that under the seat?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have mounted 3 whelen 90 watt kits to the carpet and have not had any problems.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Ditto....carpet is not a problem. Not preferred, but not an issue.

4. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I can vouch... I have one of the units that Dave mounted on carpet and its perfectly fine.

5. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

mine too is on the carpet

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

would you be better of putting down a piece of tin or something?

7. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

I don't see how it could hurt. That's what i was going to do with mine. I was gonna go to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a small peice of HVAC duct work. Costs under $5.

8. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

as long as you have it screwed through the floor you won't have any issues. I mounted mine on a piece of 3/16" aluminum diamond plate I had kicking around in the shop.