1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power supply for strobe lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by M&M Services, Sep 23, 2006.

1. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Where do you guys mount your power supply for your strobe lights?? I have a ford F-250...
    Thank you for your help,
    Mike

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I'd put it under one of the seats.

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Power Supply

I mount my power supply under the drivers seat.

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I usually put them under the back seat if its an ext cab, otherwise on Regular cabs I mount them behind the seat on thecab itself.

5. M&M Services

from midwest

It is an extended cab..Thats where I was going to put it..Instructions say must be mounted on a metal surface..so do I peel the carpet back???

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just put it on a metal plate and put it under the seat, it doesn't really have to be secured to the floor at all...what you could do is put velcro on the back of the metal sheet and stick it to the carpet that way (what all my dads company trucks have)

7. M&M Services

from midwest

thank you for the advice, im going to do that.

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah, get it under the seat or on the back of the cab wall, but make sure it's secure, because you don't want it to go all over the place while you're out, and you don't want to get it wet with all the snow you track in.

9. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I put all of my power supply units in my tool box. Strobes, Leds, Head light flasher. All of it is on a tray in the tool box. I have never mounted a Strobe supply unit to metal ' until I put it in the tool box' nothing ever happened to it before then.

10. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

You have headlight flashers? Those are illegal here, except police, fire, ambulance, airport, ect...

-Thann

11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I used to have them in 3 different trucks, but I hate them. I stick with hide-a-ways now.

12. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Im a firefighter. I dont use all of it for plowing. Only corner strobes and LEDs in high trafic areas and just LEDs for residentialBut yes I do think that HD lights are illegal here also. Sorry for confusion