1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power stroke in a bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sparksrides, Nov 5, 2011.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

thinking about putting my 7.3 power stroke from my 95 250 into a bronco now that I have a super duty extended cab kinda don't need two trucks, and my 95 is really starting to rot out bad but the 7.3 only has 167k on the clock. trans is great and axles are fine so I figured why not. the bronco would be a great cruiser and the 95 will make a perfect donor. I can take everything I need for the swap including the plow. How cool would it be to have a 7.3 and 8 lug axles on a super clean eddie bower bronco. anyone know some one who did it and if it is as straight forward as I'm picturing it to be? :mechanic:
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I saw a thread somewhere a while ago where somebody did that. Pretty darn cool. The frame might need to be strengthened up some though.
  3. broncscott

broncscott Member

If the frame on the 250 is not to rotted you could cut it under the front seats and splice it into the bronco frame. Plow mount, front axle and transfer case would be ready to go. The rest would be easy work.
  4. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

Check out Fullsizebronco.com there are a few people that have done it over there.
  5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i wouldnt use the 250 front axle i would find a 350 axle
  6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I saw one today,Mid `90s bronco Powerstroke with F350 running gear.
  8. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

was it mine by chance Tuna?

yeah...it can be done :) its pretty much plug and play.....but theres a shitton of plugs!

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

mwalsh, you Bronco was the one that came to mind when I replied earlier. That rig is bad azzzz!
  10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

The one I saw I think was all black,it was on trapelo rd. in belmont center.
  11. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

ahhhh, I know the one youre talking about. He JUST finished that one, he swapped the cab onto the truck frame on that one.
  12. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have seen a few, the only one I have looked at much was a guy that set the bronco body on a
    2008 f-350 with a 6.4..... pretty Damn cool