1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power steering

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Vinster01, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Vinster01

Vinster01 Junior Member

Hello all- newbie here with my first post! Here's my question. I have an '04 2500HD reg cab 6.0 with hydroboost brake system. I went from a 1986 chevy to this truck and over the past 3 years and plowing for long time with it (like a triple rounder day), the stiffer power steering is killing my one shoulder:cry:. Is there another pump that will bolt up and ease the steering effort. I have a 2000 Yukon with a 5.3L and it steers much easier. Any help greatly appreciated

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

take some steriods...wesport
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

No ...then congress will want to talk to him. Hell, you can just lie like the rest did.
  4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I don't know what's so tuff about it. I have an 03 2500HD and mine is fine. Is the fluid real low? What size tires are you running?
  5. Vinster01

Vinster01 Junior Member

Love the 'roids idea !!!

It's not that the steering is harder than stock. I was just wondering if anyone has swapped pumps; maybe to a variable assist system like in the yukons.

I'm running 235-85-16 tires.
  6. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Have a reputable repair shop check the line pressure of the pump before replacement. Could be the relief valve is opening too soon causing low line pressure.... maybe the pump is weak. Either way this test will tell you wassup widdit.
    Hope this helps, Al