1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power steering pulley?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wulfspark, Nov 24, 2008.

1. wulfspark

wulfspark Junior Member
    from eastern

Does anyone know if I can attach a pulley to my power steering pump on a 95 Chevy 350 to power my Fisher pump. I know the original setup has a pulley attached to the crank pulley. I had to relocate the pump mount and it would be much easier off the power steering pump
  2. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

The folks who installed the pump on my Dodge used a second pulley on the water pump. This fall I went through a lot of hassle to correct the setup back to the original spec. where it runs off the crank because a Fisher tech. informed me that those pumps are designed to run at "crank speed" as he put it, and running them off other accessories is liable to run the pump at higher RPMs and wear out the bearings prematurely.

Just something to keep in mind...