1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power source for Meyer Slick Stick?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by miklav, Dec 6, 2011.

1. miklav

miklav Junior Member

I am installing a used Meyer snow plow to my 1998 S10 (4x4-5speed). I am not sure which Meyer snow plow I have. Anyways, the Slick Stick has a fusible (20amp) link that needs a power source. According to a couple of installation guides I found online, Meyer recommends connecting the fusible link to power source that has power when the ignition is turned on. Any ideas or recommendations has to the power source, also, any recommendation on how to break into a power circuit? Mike from Medina, Ohio.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I usually come straight off the battery with 10 Gauge and have a extra fuse right next to the battery, It is not easy to find an extra 20 amp ignition on circuit. The other way is to use a relay to tap into an existing circuit just to power on your new plow circuit.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

make sure you kill the power to it or it will drain the battery.....i have a line direct from the battery with a switch and indicator light to power the controls on the dash

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

When I ran a meyer's, I ran from the battery to a switch under the dash then to the stick, I could turn the plow on when I needed it to work.

5. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I have mine wired right too a tap under the dash. It has constant power, even when the ignition is off. It has been like that for years and I never had a problem with it draining my batteries (yet!, knock on wood!). I am thinking I need to change it but.......:confused: