1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power sidewalk equipment, what's out there?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by zims, Jul 19, 2009.

1. zims

zims Junior Member

hey there-

i've been looking for tractor mounted snow blowers for a couple years now and all i can find is john deere garden tractor or a Steiner. i am very interested in the Steiner, but want to know what else is available. looking for something in the 40 - 48" inch wide world. what about something a city would use? i'am not familiar with those brands. looking for any information to help me out! thanks!

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You looking for a blower or a blade? You can mount either one onto the front of a kubota front mount mower, and then use the machine in the summer if thats what you do. The options are endless really. :dizzy::drinkup:

3. zims

zims Junior Member

thanks for the response, but i am looking for a more specialized snow blower. small but powerful. thanks again. zim

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

walker makes a few blowers.....a 36" single stage and a 48" two stage....would be way easier to maneuver a zero turn..than a tractor or steiner....I would make sure it was a Zero turn.

there are many brands of zero turn mowers that offer a blower....Exmark, Hustler, and the list goes on...

Our city uses the big front mount Mowers and changes them to a Snowblower and puts the cab on...Like John Deere and New Holland like these http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ges?q=New+Holland+Mower+snowblower&hl=en&um=1

5. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

http://www.ventrac.com/

snowblowing.jpg

6. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers

==============================================================
    many municipalties have four wheel drive machines designed for sidewalk use for blowing and blowing and mowing etc., that articulate and have a base price of about $80,000

The money involved with a ventrak would get a nice kubota 2660 with a heated cabin, radio, air conditioning and can be used for mowing with a five foot flail mower IMO.

OR you could go and buy a Zaugg snow blower or Yamaha snow blower with track drive and diesel power and kill six foot drifts 4-6 foot wide in one pass etc. but its use would be seasonal etc.

zaugg and yamaha have a dealer in your state if I remember correctly

The problem with small front blowers is power and if they encounter slush etc. where if a small utility tractor had a pronovst blower on the front with a rear to front driveline kit or if you bought 40 hp or larger tractor you could easily do walks quickly with a Pronovost PXPL 50 or 75 and be able to scrape them clean with its blade etc.

good luck

:waving::drinkup::sleeping::eek:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

Pronovost PXPL only come in...86, 92 and 98 and require more HP than you mentioned
    SNOWBLOWERS
    Model PXPL-86 PXPL-86-92 PXPL-92 PXPL-92-98
    HP recommended 50-75hp 50-75hp 75-125hp 75-125hp

and you better have about $11000+...;)

http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/pxpla.html

and your tractor better have plenty of hydraulic outlets...:D

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. leon

leon Senior Member

sidewalks

He could also buy a side walk sized Pronovost blower too.

:sleeping::drinkup::nod::waving:

9. afalk

afalk Junior Member

I work for a resort near Syracuse, NY. We maintain around 12,000 linear ft of sidewalk with ventrac snowblowers and power brooms. When we are not using them for snow removal we mow with them.

10. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

They city I live in use the Gravely rapid 2 wheel machines. They can switch from a blade, brush, or blower. They seem to work extremly well, and have what looks like effortless controls. We are thinking of buying 2.. Although i dont know what they $run$ for. Here is a short video of what they look like.

http://gravelyrapid.com/index.php

11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Do you know how much that gravely runs? I really like that.

12. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

read closer.....:waving:
    this is in the above post......

"Although i dont know what they $run$ for"