1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Service Additive

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 93CobraCPR, Nov 17, 2004.

1. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

Any one use Power Service additive in skid steer?

Is it as good as mixing #1 and #2 during colder temps?

New to this diesel stuff and trying to learn the tricks. It seems easier to add an additive instead of pumping two different pumps.
  2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I would suggest that you run it regularly throughout the year. It keeps the fuel system lubed. I don't know what to tell you about mixing the fuels, but a lot of stations mix it over the winter to prevent gelling.
  3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I don't personally have much experience with power service but my father is responsible for maintenance on a fleet of about 15 trucks up here in Vermont, and he swears by it.They run it regularly in the winter and have very few trucks freeze up.
  4. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

thanks for the info.
  5. lb59

lb59 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I run 3 Oz. per 5 Gal in my BX 23.Yr. Round.
    There are 2 great tractor boards on the net with tons of post on the subject.
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

#1 diesel is for cold climates. #2 is for warmer ones. your local stations should sell a winter diesel with additives already in it for the cold climate. But you never know and it would hurt to put additives in. i run stanadyne in my truck. i may not need it but it is alot of $$ if something were to go wrong so to me it is cheap insurance.