1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power seems to pull down, is it normal?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wildplow, Jan 11, 2011.

1. wildplow

wildplow Member

when i lift or turn left and right the power seems to pull down, enough that my headlights dim a little and the alt.guage on the instr.panel in the truck goes down a bit...is this normal, i have a e47, all new wiring, with clean grounds from what i saw

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

drain

they will pull down especially the small motored e-47 .just make shure the battery is big enough and the alternator can keep up .

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Use the search function on the gray line above. Search : Charging - Low power or lights dim.
    There should be HOURS of reading on it. The subject has been beat to death.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

it is normal...a new battery will help sometimes

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's going to do that. Every time you run the pump it's like using the starter. Watch the volt gage. If it's above 12.6 while working you should be OK. When it's where it should be it's at 13.5 --> 14.5 volts charging level. When it drops below the charging level your loosing ground on reserve power. If the truck sputters and comes close to stalling when you operate the pump. Let go of the switch and rev up and charge the system. The computer needs like 9 volts to work. You drop below that your going to stall. Your alternator puts out 1/3 of it's rating at idle. So ride around a while at the site and charge up if you drop too low. Full output is around 2k for most alternators.