1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Scoops or Wings? Questions & Concerns

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moosehunter, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy All...

I run a 8' Western Pro Poly and I'm in need of either wings or a set of these Power Scoop things. Wings would require more mods than I care to do. Power Scoops, on the other hand, would be perfect for my application. They create a "box" plow set up and do not add to the width of the blade. Wings function basically the same, but increase the blade width, that in my case is unwanted.

After doing multiple searches here at PlowSite, the Power Scoops seem like the way to go (for me anyway) but I 'm a bit, no... VERY concerned with all the problems Sterrett Products has had in the past getting product to customers. Checks being sent and cashed with VERY long delivery times or sometimes no delivery at all... And in one case, getting a sheriff involved... :eek:

I'm not a rich guy (unfortunately) and the $300+ would take a big bite out of my budget. So if I order these, I want to be dang certain I'm gonna get them...

Has anyone recently purchased Power Scoops and actually received the product ? And in a timely manner? Is this guy "legit" now or what?

- Is there any other place I can purchase Power Scoops besides factory direct? Any vendors here carry them?

- Are there any other products out there, like the Power Scoops (not wings) that are available?

If Power Scoops do not pan out.... I'll need to install some wings....

I live on the west side of the Twin cities metro here in Minnesota so if anyone from the area knows a GREAT fab shop where to get a set of wings installed and my plow modified.... I'd really appreciate the info....

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DAN......If your needing the box type wing let me suggest Turkey Wings.

You buy direct from the guy Roger in Wis. who makes them. Nice fella and easy to deal with. They are priced at $250 a set complete plus shipping.

I went with the Turkeys because they trip with the plow. I have a bunch of narrow bank drive thru lanes and the other brand wings made my blade too big to pass thru.

My main lot is a big "T" shaped and all the snow has to be pushed front to back out on a field and not bury the buildings on each side.

I just pull them off ...do my back dragging........slide them back on and windrow and push away...................
    Perfect for MY application..................

They are easy on/off because they sit in a channel and float with the blade.

I will bring up a old thread here for you to look at with installed pics and stuff. Keep us posted.....................geo :drinkup:

BTW: Your in Mn. so shipping will be cheap and fast. Heck you could prob. drive to Rogers shop and get them. Psst: Bring cash......
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  3. sonjaab

DAN.....I brought the thread up "turkey wings falling off"
    The guy means they pop outta the channel on a severe plow trip.

Read it...... and don't let the "falling off" scare ya...............

Us fellas who run them made a simple mod to fix that....................geo
  4. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Hey there, sonjaab...

Thanks for the info!! I'm in a situation something like yourself. Narrow!!
    A "V" plow would be ideal, but not being made of money, it's not an option.

Turkey wings are my second choice. Maybe should be my first? I like the way they trip with the plow and will "follow" the terrain...

Do you happen to know what mods are necessary for the installation on a POLY moldboard? Do you think Roger would be able to do the install/mods? I'll have to go back and check out their site, but I always thought that Turkey Wings increased the blade width? Sort of like Pro Wings...

Thanks for all the info... I'll get in touch with Roger and report back....
  5. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Look around for a fella named Garagekeeper. He's in Glenview, Illinois.
    He sells the Power Scoops, and may have a set in stock. He sent me some literature on them a while back, seem like a great product.
    He is a 100% stand-up guy that I plan to do business with again.
    Good luck,
    Mark K
  6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Dan I am a "stocking" PowerScoop distributor/dealer.
    So don't worry about having trouble getting a set.
    Easy to install without drilling into your moldboard too.
    The feed back from PowerScoop users has been very positive too.
    PowerScoops do allow your plow to contain and carry more snow to your piles and stacking areas saving you time.
    E-mail me if you would like some additional information and pricing.
    I would be more than happy to give you a call if you would like.
    :rolleyes: John.....................
  7. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

GK - I was wondering if any kind of wings can be mounted on a Blizzard 680LT. I need it for final clean up on a long driveway.

8. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Great Info!!!

Thanks again for all the info!!! I feel the way to go, seeing as I own a POLY moldboard... Is the PowerScoops... I really don't like the idea of putting holes in a sheet of plastic. :nono: THEN putting a ton of stress on those holes.. :eek::eek:

Hey Garagekeeper!!

I'll be giving you a call in the next couple days. If you'd like to get the ball rolling, check stock & pricing for a set of PowerScoops for a 2002 Western 8' Pro Poly... If you need more info than that, drop a note to northernstaroutfitters (at) yahoo (dot) com... Oh yeah... Shipping would be to Cologne, Mn (55322) OR... I still have to make my run to Marengo... Are you close? If you are, maybe I could just swing by in person...

Hope to hear from you soon John... The time is almost here.. :redbounce
  9. Garagekeeper

h_riderca They do make a mounting bracket for Blizzard this year so you should be able to mount them on your plow.

Moosehunter I have them in stock to fit your truck, and Marango is about an hour away so you could save the freight and come and get them if you wanted too.
    :rolleyes: John...........................
  10. sonjaab

JOHN.......Could you post pics of a set of your wings?
    What brands do they fit? I have a few buds in my area interested......
    Some don't like the "drilling holes" in te moldboard idea of the Turkeys but need the box type pusher.

Thanks..........geo :drinkup:
  11. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Putting Wings on a Blizzard plow would be a great idea and we could call it a Blizzard 810. :rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist. :) :) :)
  12. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I wish I could make use of a Blizzard 810. I can just get the 680 between some of the houses to clear the driveways. If I dont watch it the mirrors on the Blazer will touch the side of the houses.
  13. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Hey Garagekeeper!!

Hi John...

Things got real crazy around here for a while. Sorry for the delay in my calling you... Next week for sure....
  14. Garagekeeper

Don't worry Dan I should have a set for you when your ready, if not I'll get more!
    :rolleyes: John......................