1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power requirements for diesel/blizzard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by northernsweeper, Oct 26, 2004.

1. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Any of you guys who are running the blizzard 810 on a diesel,how big of an alternator are you using? I have a 6.5 turbo. Do you have to run with a smaller alternator pulley to make up for lost revs? I have dual batteries and a 105 amp. alternator.Will this do the trick,or should I go with 130 alt? Also any tips for installing timbrens on a 93 k3500,or is it pretty simple?

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

You should have dual batterys with the diesel so the 105 amp alt will do, but recommend the 130amp.

3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have been plowing with a 95 amp alt. and single battery for years and have never had a problem. The older diesels rev almost as much as a gas engine.