1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power programer for heavy equipment?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by andrewlawnrangr, Mar 2, 2010.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

does anybody make a power programer for heavy equipment. or ideas for making more power??.. larger turbo, marine injectors...intake system of some sort???

thanks
    andrew

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i have seen them before but can't tell you where off the top of my head... i have seen them for case and john deere tractors so my guess is for other too... check with some of the places that make them for pickups

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What type of heavy equipment are we talking about here?

4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

farm tractor..perkins diesel 65 hp turbo

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Who makes the tractor?? Is it a mechanical pump or Electronic? If it is electronic your best bet is a box from TSPerformance. If it is mechanical you can turn up the pump and straight pipe it, that is usually good for a few ponies. I have done injectors, bigger turbo and porting the head but you start to run into reliability issues.
    Robert

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Edge and TSPerformance off the top of my head. But i think Edge only does Cat and Deere? I think TS does more

7. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

SCT does a few tractor brands as well.

8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ive herd of guys getting the dealership to program boxes on the tractor

9. leon

leon Senior Member

tim taylor a la tool time

if the engine is computer controlled it will have a performance chip and there may be a chip available to improve it.

If the engine offers a turbocharged option it will require substantial work to do as well as possible hood changes if the engine is close to the hood.

all depends on how deep your pockets are as the injectors are a wear part- as well the air filters- if an oil bath air filter is used they are thebest ones with maximum air cleaning performance.

If your has a two stage air filter both elements need to be changed not just the outer element as the secondary element is the safety element for the engine and simply changing the outer element only increases the resistance of the inner element because it is still being plugged with fine dirt.

The tattle tales on the housings are not to be trusted period -they can and do malfunction.
    washing and vacuuming of the air filters is not sanctioned by the filter manufacturers as well.

Installing a Duetz Farr combination oil bath precleaner and cartridge filter unit for your tractor will give you the best of both worlds with the oil bath basin pulling all the dust from the intake air and the cartridge filter simply being a back up filter for your tractor.

Adding a Racor diesel fuel filter unit as a fuel filter will eliminate any issues with smoke as its good down to 10 micron filtration and the clear sediment and water trap bowl allows you to drain the water in the fuel and visibly inspect the bottom of the fuel bowl and drain the dirt out as the racor is a cyclone fuel filter spinning the crud out of the fuel before it enters the racor paper filter.

FYI if your fuel is junk or has a lot of dirt and debris it will remove the junk and will kill the tractor telling you its time to change the ten micron filter which is easy with no need to bleed the lines.

Been there, done that-it works

if you are not changing the inner and outer air filters at the same time anyway the problem will not go away in any case.

leon:waving::mechanic:

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What does that have to do with the OP's question?