1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Problems

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by chcav1218, Aug 9, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Ok heres what im looking to rig up on my Silverado 2500.

Seperated by the circuits I want them on:

4 KC Daylighters
    2 Driving Light
    1 Reverse Light
    1 Mini Bar
    4 60 Watt Hide Aways
    1 CB Radio

Whats the best way for me to wire all this in?! Should iI get a switch box or should I wire them all up seperately?

2. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Get in touch with BlueLine Ent call Matt he does great work he is out of Danvers. He has a web site. Blueline Enterprises. SNOWANDICEMAN

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

buy a prepaid switch box with fuses on the back side check out GALLS i think they are areound $100

you may need to check the amps of ur KCs

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

just wire the cb right into your fuse box. its only a few wires ground it find an accessory and a constant power source in fuse box and wire it up . if your inexperienced with wiring things youd be better off having someone like blueline do it, or at least get his knowledgeable input on your needs.

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Yeh I am leaning towards going to blue line. I am not very experienced with wiring and I want to wire up quite a bit of stuff, plus I want to make sure it gets done right

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea its never fun chasing a wiring problem at 3 am in the snow when your lights wont work ...

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhh that'd suck. I'd be rethinking everything I did everytime I was out plowing too.