1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Problem! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by midnightrodeo, Nov 28, 2008.

1. midnightrodeo

midnightrodeo Junior Member

I have 2004 F-350 w/ an 8'6" Boss Superduty Plow. I was trying to hook up the plow and just replaced the controller because it was not functioning properly. So now I don't seem to have any power going to the Plow to hook it up. The park lights on the plow come on but when I flip the switch in the truck for the plow headlights to work they will flash on and then stay off. When I push the buttons on my remote the relays do not click either and when I do flip the switch from truck lights to plow lights then the remote goes dead! Any suggestions? Thank you!!

2. payton

payton Senior Member

check ur grounds.. and make sure ur remotes power supply is fully connected..

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you press buttons on your controller only one relay should click,,,and its the underhood battery solenoid, not any of the small plastic relays if thats what your thinking.

Make sure all the controller pins in the controller connector plug are fully seated and making good connection.

Check the ground like payton mentioned, should be a small gage brown wire on the neg battery terminal. If it checks out good then check the red small gage power wire, should be on the positive battery post.

If both look good start checking the relays and terminals in the bottom of those relays for corrosion.

I think you'll find its one of those issue listed. And I also think you'll discover you didn't need a new controller.

4. midnightrodeo

midnightrodeo Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys! I disconnected both ground and power wires cleaned the battery again and everything is working great now! Thanks again!!