1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power plug

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bb45, Mar 27, 2013.

1. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

Does anyone know where to get the main power plug [ 2 wire ] after market local dealer wants way to much for the harness ? thanks BB kcco

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Are you talking just the red and black ones? If so what some guys do OS take this opportunity to upgrade their cables from 4 to like 0 gauge. Then they use the warn winch quick disconnect plugs. You will have to do both truck and plow side if you go that route just fyi.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That harness is only like $60 OEM:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  4. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

Thanks for the input guys. As for upgrading the plugs that is the best idea but would have to do all 11 to keep them interchangable from truck to truck.And local dealer wants $145 tax inc. for both halves that seems like a lot to me.Latley it feels like gettin screwed without gettin kissed every time i leave there.We don't feel like we are bein cheap just tired of paying tooooo much $750 for a set of 9.2 cutting edges and a center hinge pin seems steep to me. Thanks again for your input BB KCCO
    just called to double check my numbers
    $ 84.23
    +$ 47.26
    $ 19.47
    $ 150.96
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Plow side

truck side

Talk to Gentleman Jim Corbett @ ESi he won't beat you up on the price