1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power plow or straight blade

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by johnnyusa, Nov 13, 2011.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

I do 35 drive ways most with a garage. At end. And a condo complex pretty small 15 units along a long tee so lots of backdragging. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. 4300 for straight and 6000a for power plow also i have a 2011wife 2500 hd 6'0 litre reg cab gas truck. Thanks

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Power Plow. Hands down.

3. gbtl

gbtl Member

why power when only 15% of his plowing would use it?

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

2011 Chevrolet. Truck not wifej

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Really IMO you want a back blade before anything else.

6. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

I would go with a straight blade with a back drag edge. Blizzard goes all the way up to 9' straight blades and hands down look like the most well built straight blades on the market. Dont get me wrong I love the power plows but for back dragging I think the straight blade would be better and might be a little eaiser on your trucks front end.

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I second straight blade with bb

8. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Going with 8 ft. Straight blade with back drag also lookin into damiels pull plow