1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power outlets

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by apik1, Feb 24, 2009.

1. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Hello, I bought my first dodge last week 04, 2500 quad cab long bed http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=79650 So my question is why does the lighter port not work with a phone charger or any other acessory. I usually have the sirius radio plug in the power port that is down low, and want to be able to charge my phone also. Yes the lighter works, is this just how they are?

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Must be something wrong... I have a 2001, 2003 & 2004 Dodge 2500 and they all work in the power port with chargers etc...

I would look in to a replacement power outlet I think they are fairly cheap!
  3. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Thats what I thought, when I put the the lighter in that works, then take it out and plug the cellphone charger in and it does not work.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am going to guess its worn inside and isn't tight enough... or something I know my 2003 is picky it has to be in just right to work but it always works
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I know why!!! becuase they wires are so tight that who ever removed bezel didnt plus it back it. On the passange side there is a bag loog. One phillips head screw there. remove that screw. Then grab bag loop and pull. The bezel is all clips. If comes right off then the cigarette plug isnt hooked up. harness should be right there. Also the cigaette plug only works with key in unlike the one on bottom. Chilton install instructions revervse procedure to re-install FYI the wires are short and will take a bit to clip on. But real easy

The plug that is right above the bag loop thats not hooked up is to the Air bag control. You have a quad so you dont have that option and if you hook (reg cab bezel) it up it will throw an error code.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009