1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Outlets/Lighter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MarkEagleUSA, Dec 20, 2010.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

My 97 2500 has the dual power outlets along with a lighter socket at the lower center of the dash. One of the outlets and the lighter socket need to be replaced but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the unit out. It's not accessible when removing the lower dash panel either. Any ideas?
  2. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

The entire section that holds the power outlets and the ashtray comes out of the dash. There are some retainer inserts that you have to remove from under the dash that hold the entire assembly in. You can then remove the individual outlets or lighter socket. I had to do this when I cleaned the lighter socket so that it would work again. Hope this helps.

3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

That's what I thought but didn't see anything obvious. Tomorrow I'll take a closer look. Thanks!