1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power, new fluid, doesnt wanna move...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bory, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Bory

Bory Junior Member

i have a 8' HD straight blade with a fisherstick. i cleaned the connections on the fishstick last storm and it seemed to work but i also changed all the fluid and then the plow would move. i hooked her up this morning and a similar problem occurred. i have power, lights, new fluid but the blade wont move. i can press a button on the fishstick and its like the pump is hesitating or chocked up. the only was i can explain it is like if someone is dry heaving and nothing is coming out. any ideas?

2. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

Bory

Do you hear the relays click when you press one of the functions? I had a very similar problem last year with my Fisher mm. Make sure all your connections are clean. Make sure there is no corrosion at any of your terminals (battery, solenoid, pump motor, ect) I pulled all connections apart, cleaned with a wire brush and coated with copper. I had to change my power lead from the battery to the solenoid because the corrosion went up through the wire. To make sure your motor on the plow is not shot, my Fisher Dealer had me connect a set of jumper cables to he positive side of the battery and then just touch the power side of the motor. If it spins then you probably have an electrical problem. I have also seen where the controls are the problem even though you think that it is functioning. Hope this helps.

3. cookie

cookie Member

mine did that last - motor was toast!

4. Bory

Bory Junior Member

got the controller tested at the local fisher dealer. luckily he is a 1/4 mile down the road. the controller was working properly. motor sounded good he said. he found a ground wire for the solenoids on the pump and said connect it and its working so hopefully that was it and the motor is still gonna last.

thanks for the fast responses.