1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power mirrors for NBS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by highlander316, Oct 19, 2008.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

ok I picked up a setting of towing mirrors the other day for my 07 NBS GMC. The truck is manual windows and mirrors from the factory. The towing mirrors I got are power. I am wondering if there is any way to get at least the heater element in the mirrors to work, as I think it might be useful during snow storms, especially when sleet is coming down to keep them from freezing over. Would it be as simple as running power to the heated element in the mirror w/ an on/off switch? Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is possible to get the heater functions to work by hardwiring with a switch. But the other options (turns/power adjust) forget it. Nothing will be factory installed in the truck to control those ones.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

On mine they work off the rear window defrost button, or like B@B said you can just wire in a toggle.