1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Lift

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by Crumm, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I was just wondering why you don't make a lift for your plow? Just a winch like the snowbear or a cheap hydraulic system? I realize you are keeping the price down so a power angle would probably be out of the question but the manual up and down seems like it might be a little cumbersome? Just wondering.

2. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

The concept of the SnowSport Personal Utility Snow Plow is to offer an affordable alternative to going out into the cold. It is a natural fact that adding a winch and electrical components would incur some additional cost. However, this was not the deciding factor in its motion –activated design. The SnowSport was not only designed to offer and affordable light weight plow that anyone could use, it was specifically geared toward delivering a completely maintenance free plow that can be installed & removed in only a few minutes. Here is where the SnowSport Personal Utility Snow Plow really excels. By eliminating the use of hydraulics or electrical components, the SnowSport eliminated corrosive failure, messy hydraulic maintenance, as well as lengthy installation and removal time. The blade can be installed in both the front or the rear of the vehicle equipped with a standard Class III 2” square receiver hitch.

To clear up any possible confusion; to operate the SnowSport you simply lower the blade one side at a time to begin plowing. When plowing the blade stays down the entire time (riding up and down on the push frame). When backing up the blade releases and floats back with the vehicle. When you go forward again the blade engages back into the push frame automatically. Once the area is finished raise the plow one side at a time into the transport position and you’re done, only having to lower and raise the blade once per job.

Thank you for your interest in the SnowSport Personal Utility Snow Plow.

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

How do you plow up close to the house and in front of the garage door where you would back-blade with a regular plow? Does it have a lock on the blade release or something?

4. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

That is why the SnowSport is considered a personal ultilty plow, implying that you own the garage. Beacause the SnowSport does not back drag you simply back in the garage, or if you are already in the garage attach the plow and plow out. Also remember you can plow from the rear receiver by attaching the SnowSport and backing out. In situations where you need to plow along the side of a building you could use the angle option to angle the blade away from the building and push along side like a conventional plow.

Thank you
    Roxie Nitschke
    www.mysnowsport.com

5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

How much does an average snow sport cost? And what is your opinion on SnowBear?

6. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

The cost of the SnowSport complete with front mount hitch (some models we do not have in house) with the straight interceptor is $1195.00 plus shipping (this would go by freight truck). The cost of the SnowSport with the angled interceptor is $1395.00.

As far as the SnowBear I am not familiar with the product so I don't have a reply to that question. I can send you out a free video of the SnowSport just e-mail me at sales@mysnowsport.com or call our toll free Customer Service at 800-233-4655.

Thank you
    Roxie Nitschke

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004