1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power lead suggestion ??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snap1, Oct 11, 2009.

1. snap1

snap1 Junior Member

i have a new body 04 f150 and i am adding a mm2 wiring kit. the controller wire wants a 12v accessory switched power lead to it. i dont know a good location to get it. i was going to take it from my trailer plug wire but it is constant 12v not switched. so i was going to run direct to the battery and just put in a on-off switch for when needed? what do you guys think ? Thanks
  2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

You can buy small metal clips that plug into the fuse panel at any auto parts store. use a test light to find an unused fuse location that powers up with the ignition and tap it there. Make sure to find a source that only has power with the key in the on position or you will kill your battery.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Search "add-a-circuit" in google or on a local parts store website. Cleanest and safest way to tap into the fuse panel on your truck. Find a circuit that doesn't really get used while plowing and you will be all set!
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You get your 12 volt switched power from the back side of your cig lighter on that install,you'll need a test light,i can't remeber the color of that wire.