1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macawpat, Dec 14, 2008.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

I have a cable mount on my 94 S 10 blazer. When the plow is not in use the amps are at around 14. When I operate the plow it drops below 8 the goes back up the second I stop using plow. Never had an issue starting the truck but wonder if something is about to break or need replacing, IE: battery or allternater. Lights, radio, heater fan all on at the same time will not affect voltage only happens when I use the plow. Any suggestions on this one. Thanks, Pat....
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

All too common, beefing up the system wouldnt hurt though. Bigger alt if possible and biggest battery you can get.

It is normal though. Just make sure to sit for a min or 2 to let your battery recoup if it seems like it isnt rebounding fast enough.
  3. macawpat

macawpat Member

Thanks so much for the the help sechracer I"ll give that a try. Merry Christmas !!
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean ALL your electric connections. Dis-assemble and clean your motor or replace it. If you replace your battery worry more about amp hours then cranking amps.