1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Issue

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mathightower, Aug 22, 2011.

1. mathightower

mathightower Junior Member

First time hooking a Blizzard plow on my truck. Got everything wired correctly... But the controller doesnt have any power? Wondering if the plow has to be hooked up before the controller will turn on? Checked Fuses Got it wired directly to battery, and the Controller "hot" is wired to a Fuse. Also tried running that wire directly to battery.. still doesnt turn on? missing something?

2. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

plug in your plow to the truck and it will light up

3. mathightower

How sure are you? The Dealer i bought it from Sent me the Wiring Harness and mount and this weekend im going to pick it up the blade. I dont want to get there and it not work, its about 3 hours away.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

You're probably right if it's a PH2 with the mutiplex wiring. However if it's a PH1, the controller will work and click the solenoid regardless of whether or not the plow is hooked up.

Is it a PH1 or PH2? PH1 = the lights stay on the truck, PH2 = the lights are connected to the plow and come off the truck with the plow.

5. mathightower

Im not sure, i havent hooked it up yet. Its a new 7600hd, Module has 3 connectors on it.

6. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

if its a 7600 then its a ph2 and the other 2 guys that responded are probably correct when they say that the plow has to be connected to have a full "circut" for the controller to have any power

7. mathightower

Thanks guys! Appreciate all your input. I can finally sleep at night haha

8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Have you picked up your plow yet?