1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power is on but plow only goes down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by derrad, Jan 14, 2013.

1. derrad

derrad Junior Member

im wondering if anyone could please help me out with this problem. I have a western wide out and its been giving me problems latley. The power on the controller is on, i have power at the solenoid and it is working properly. i get no movement from the plow it only will go down.
  2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If the plow can go down thats telling me your plow module
    is communicating. If you say the relay is working it should be sending
    power to the motor.

Take a jumpThumbs Uper cable from + battery to + on plow motor, does it run?
    If not, leave jumpers connected.
    Take ground jumper to - on battery and - on plow motor, does it run?

If not remove motor and bench test, if toast, replace.

Part# 21500-1
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Put a test light on the two motor terminals and see if the motor is getting power and a good ground. If yes replace the motor, if no then narrow it down to pos. or neg. side. Probably the + side as the neg. is very simple. When you hit any function that requires pressure, if it is quiet, you should hear a click from the valves once again indicating that the multiplex communication is working.