1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Hitch won't let go!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by coolinthewoods, Feb 6, 2008.

1. coolinthewoods

coolinthewoods Junior Member
    from Alaska

Please I need some help for a rookie, ie myself! Its 52 degrees below zero and I need to get the plow off my truck. I hooked it up with not problem friday night, it was 10 below then. Went and plowed out my parents place that night and then the temp fell off the charts. Ive tried to release the plow using the steps Ive been shown, by the past owner.
    1) park on a flat surface
    2) lower kick stand
    3)pull king pins
    4)switch to Powerhitch on remote
    5)push switch down (powerhitch arm should go down)
    6) unhook lights and big plug
    Done!
    But the arm wont move, it raises the plow and thats it. When you use the switch the pump makes no noise. All other functions work great. What can I do. I dont have access to a large enough garage till this weekend. I just don't like having it on my truck, at this temp. please I need some help.:confused:

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Well, for the power hitch, you could jump the pump while at the power switch. But to correctly diagnose, test light to determine where you are loosing power. Do you have up on the power hitch? That will confirm you have power to the switch by means of the pink/black wire.

3. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

yea I have up but no down.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've had that happen, all I did was squeeze the big plug together tighter. When I first got the plow (used) it didn't work at all, was just a broken wire on the backside of that switch. If your plug is tight, look at the back of that switch closely.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

May be switch then.

6. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

If it warms up tommorro I'll take a look, if not saturday.

7. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

Well it made into a garage tonight and I found a loose wire in the powerhitch switch on the blade. Thanks for the replys. Jesse

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Good, glad you found it. Weather conditions, I am sure, are brutal....