1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power hitch wont disengage

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by alsam116, Mar 7, 2014.

1. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

as title states, I have a 03 or 04 plow and I cant get the plow arm to release from the truck, all functions work but the power hitch wont release the arm, but lifts plow. does anybody have any ideas? maybe a bad coil or valve? the power switch on the plow works and has a slight jerk when I try to take the plow off by the switch but doesn't move the arm.
    thanks in advance!
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

There is a big nut on the claw, see if you can tighten it. Even if it seems tight, crank on it anyway. Then try to disengage it using the switch.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did you figure it out?
  4. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

thank you for the quick response, I haven't tried to take it off since I posted this thread. I will try to tighten the bolt this wekk as it will be warm again and I need to get the plow off the truck
  5. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

could be your switch too , mine was doing that , couldnt get it off the truck , so i manually jumped the solenoids to drop the arm, when i changed out the switch it all works perfect now
  6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

You can always just unbolt the pushbeam. It's only 8 bolts. We have one that we have to do this way.