1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power hitch - plow raise question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

I have a new 800 straight recently installed.

I noticed that when mounting it to the truck, sometimes the power hitch will connect the backer beam and then barely raise the plow, just enough to barely flip up the kickstand. Other times, it raises it up several inches. Is this normal?

Finally some snow in Boston!
    Thanks
    Ed

2. KCB

KCB Senior Member

After the powerhitch has connected to the push beam make sure you pull the pin on the draw latch and raise it off the draw pin. Here is a pic with the draw latch in the down position,(connected to the draw pin).The plow wont lift all the way if it is not disconnected.Hope this helps.

pic20a.jpg

3. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

thanks KCB, still problematic??

Thanks for the info. IT happens immediately upon contacting the push beam. Sometimes it raises, and others not. Next time it does it, I will lower and immediately remove draw pin latch to see what happens. Problem is I can't raise/remove kickstand unless I get in the truck, and raise it by controls after disconnecting draw pin latch.

Ed

4. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Double check the controller connection inside the cab, and the position of the switch on the controller. If you still have problems take it to the dealer and let them wrench on it under warranty.