1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power hitch locks on but wont come off

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bankroll, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Good morning lads, I have an 8-10 that hooked up real well but does not want to come off, No power going to power hitch on drop. I figure solenoid, by looking under motor cover i see different codes for operations. Can anyone help me with step by step change? This frost in the air is getting me itchy to get out and man-handle some powder.
    Thanks!!

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Is the arm latch messed up? The latch about halfway between the end of the powerhitch and the beginning of it?

3. bankroll

bankroll Member

Hey John!! All seems very well and in good condition. I called Jason and he also said solenoid, The problem is jay-zer is always soo busy to fix it. So I thought i better roll up my sleeves. Any good leeds on tires? I need 4 285/75 r16

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

My bet is on the switch, unless you can here the motor running when you are pushing down.

5. bankroll

bankroll Member

so even know the switch works upwards? your saying the down control is shot? toggle switch for power hitch?

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

If had that happen before. Some times if you check up the front of the truck a little and try to release it again it will releasae. They look at your draw pins. Mine was a little bent

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

s-5 solenoid for float and lower does it raise all the way up????

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

s-8 is lower to power hitch off