1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power hitch help!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RhinoL&L, Nov 26, 2010.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Was going over an 8611pp today and had trouble getting the power hitch to hook up completely. The arm started to pull the plow into the truck, but didnt mount all the way. Then i tried to unhook and the power hitch arm would not come down off the back of the pushframe. The a frame latch was stuck on the draw pin, couldnt get it off!!! Ended up taking out the draw pin to get the a frame latch loose. After draw pin was out and a frame latch was loose, i got the hitch arm to draw the plow into the truck completely. When i went to take it off, the hitch arm will not come down from behind the pushframe. Tried it with the draw pin out and still nothing. Couldnt get the draw pin back in but did notice it looks slightly bent. I dont know if that is a problem, but looking for help. Let me know if anyone has had this problem or knows where i can start to repair!

2. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

does anyone have any idea?
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures might help. The switches do go bad from time to time though, so that would probably be a good start.