1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Hitch 1 vs. Power Hitch 2? please help me identify this setup

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Freeze Plug, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Freeze Plug

Freeze Plug Junior Member
    from CT

I am looking at buying this setup which is about 1.5 hours from me, so I have not yet made a trip out to take a look

is this an older power hitch 1, or is it a power hitch 2 setup? I am not too familiar with blizzard stuff (yet) and neither is the seller, who doesnt know the model or what system it is. Everything was off of a 2005 GMC 2500hd

anything you guys can tell me about the model of this plow, weak points, strengths, good/bad? Do the lights stay with the truck on this model, or stay attached to the plow?

It is a good price and apparently has everything needed to bolt up to my truck

Thanks

Austin

Below are the only 2 pictures that the seller has:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

PH1........otherwise the lights would come off with the plow.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

that's a PH1, and as far as I know, the lights and power unit should come off with the blade.
    If it was PH2 it wouldn't have that giant plug, and the control and wiring would be the same as western/fisher isolation module wiring.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Not on my PH1 they don't... Do you own any blizzard plows? Light tower stays on the truck.

blizzardph1.jpg

5. Mark Oomkes

Ummmm, lights do NOT come off with the plow on PH1's.

Really.

Because I have 10 or 12 PH1's and all the lights stay with the trucks.

6. Mark Oomkes

According to his website, he's a dealer.

Hopefully he mistyped. Or he's new\new\gnu their\there\they're.

7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

One can only hope.