1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power for FishStik Controller

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 6.5LTDFisher, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

I finally got my Minute Mount 1 Plow all hooked up and now my question is where should I get power from inside, when you turn the the ignition on and off the controller turns on and off.. in a 1996 Chevy Pickup reg cab with the 6.5 diesel motor... I currently have it hooked up to the hot side of the solenoid. But I believe that draw to the controller when the truck is not running is draining the batteries down to where the truck will not start.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

3. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

ahhh i like those... Going to the fuse panel is what i have been thinking that... thank you... so do you think having it plugged in to the hot side of the solenoid kills the batteries?

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I guess, if it has constant power it may be. I tapped into the fuse panel with mine and haven't had the battery drain.

5. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

The controller lead needs to be hooked to a keyed power source or it will kill the batteries - even if the controller is not lit up there is still an open relay. Good luck, Roy

6. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

7. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

Buster F thank you... My dad and I have been talking about that and thank you for settling our minds!