1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power cord

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Eliw, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Eliw

Eliw Member

Anyone every herd of a power cord going bad? I spent a good part of last night getting in and out of the truck because my plow would just stop working. I would get out and wiggle the power cord and it would work. I ended up twisting the plow side and plugging it in. it worked the rest of the night. The cord looks fine, a little discolored but no nicks or wire exposed. I’m going to replace it and see if that does it. Just don’t want another day like that.
  2. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

You need to spread the prongs out with a small screwdriver. They do go bad though. I'll be replacing both truck and plow side on one today.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Have had a small bungee cord pulling pressure up on it for 3 years now. After the plow side cord was replaced it did nothing. I suppose I could replace the truck side but I had the bungee with me and it works.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've mentioned this many times but I suppose it demands repeating since it's such a common issue...

Cut the stock quick connects off and replace them with Anderson style connectors. Will make power cable issues a thing of the past. :nod:
  5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

What gauge wire is that? and how many amps runs through it?
  6. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Looks like 4 gauge to me.
  7. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

and if you don't do that. If you have one use your dremel with a chain saw sharper bit. It fits in the hole and the pin side. Then like stated above use small screwdrive to spread the pin side. If you want to go one step farther. use a conductive paste in the plug that will double as a sealant too.