1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Connector Mount?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tyler711, Oct 22, 2006.

1. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

I was watching the DVD that came with my plow, and in it, the Chevy they show with a plow has the two wire connectors mounted on a bracket near the tow hook. Is this an option from Boss, or was this a custom thing? I just wonder because it was on Boss's video, so I wouldn't think they would show anything they don't actually make.

Tyler

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Sure you can pick up that bracket. I know the boss dealer here just gives them out. All it is is sheet metal bent with some cut outs for the plugs.

3. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

mine came with that bracket. makes mounting the wiring mounting a whole lot easer.:realmad:

4. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks, guys. I got mine from a Dodge dealer, but the plow has a Boss dealer sticker on it, so I'll call the Dodge first and then Boss if I need to.

You both have chevys? Is it a generic piece, or fit to the model?

Tyler

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Just a "one-size-fits-all" piece

6. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

Alright, thanks. I'll call tomorrow. I've never seen a truck here with the wires mounted, every one I've seen (we have a lot) just have them dangling under the grill, like mine. So maybe the dealer saw it and tossed it, not knowing what it was.

7. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

I called the Boss shop today, and he told me that he's never installed those, as they apparently just make things more difficult. He said that no one ever asks for them and he never installs them. He said he has a stack of 2 or 300 of them at his shop, and if I wanted to try one, to stop by and take one, but he didn't think I'd like it.

8. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

it makes the truck look so much neater plus the wires are easer to plugin one handed:salute:

9. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

The dealer's a while away, next time I'm down there I'll pick one up and mess with it.

Actually, the Chevy dealer here installs Boss plows. I'll drop by there and see if they'll give me one. Our Saturn is there right now anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Tyler

10. tyler711

tyler711 Junior Member
    from Maine

Went to the Chevy dealer, and found that they have a real nice store, with a whole rack of Boss replacement parts (good to know).

Anyway, I asked about that piece, and they had them in stock. They were $13.50. I bought one, even though I was offered one free at the other place, because that place is an hour away. But the chevy place didn't have the other piece in stock, the one that mounts the power cables to this mount. They ordered it for me, I think it was three bucks.

I'll install the part I have this weekend when I do my Timbrens and change some wiring I've been meaning to fix. I plan on painting it to hide it, I'll see how that goes.

Tyler

11. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

power connector: gmc

The chevy/gmc trucks with the new body style don't really have any place to mount the control plugs securely. On fords and dodges we are often able to mount them below the bumper to the side of the pushbeam, but the GMCs are all plastic along the bottom. We typically leave the plugs loose inside the slots at the front unless the customer requests otherwise. The only alternative is to mount the plugs on the face of the chrome section horizontally which works well, but looks like crap.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma