1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power cables got plugged in backwards!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TerraScraper, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Plow was working fine but couldn't get it lined up right to click both pins...using left and right to angle it into position. Ended up moving it to the paved driveway with a loader and got the plow on and then one of my guys tried to hook the power cable up backward (pos. to neg.) yes I know there's a oneway plug but he managed to really "ef" things up.

So now the plow only goes up with the [angle right] button. it'll go down on most other directional buttons.

I looked for blown fuses and couldn't find any, found two good ones by the computer. Is the computer fried, solenoids?

Ran out of options that I can think of..

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a solenoid problem.If you could angle it before and the wires got crossed something tells me something is up with the solenoids.I thought the controllers only plug in one way? Square on top round on bottom?
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

It's not a computer, just think of it as a fancy relay box for your headlights. Check your controller wiring did he plug that in bassakwards also?
  4. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

It was the power plug that got plugged in backwards for a split second. I hooked up the headlight/angling plug and since he was on the other side I said hook up that plug to here and he plugged it in backwards, even though the plug is shapped like this <[ ]. so the positive and negative got flipped and then the motor went on and i told him to unplug it. So now it doesn't work, gonna head to the dealer and hopefully get this fixed.

Its gotta be more than just a sophisticated relay being that there is a only four wires coming out of the controller and there is some sort of antitheft that keeps someone from hooking their plow up to another truck, maybe it has something to do with that....thanks for the ideas
  5. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

Keep us posted to what actually went wrong
  6. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

8-12 expected in my area of HEAVY wet snow, heading to the dealer now with my fingers crossed
  7. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Found two blown fuses inside the motor cover. Fixed me up real quick :) Thanks for looking!! Now on to pushing this green $now out of the way.

Tags: Fisher Plow only goes up
    Plow goes up with right button
    No angle function Fisher extreme V
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the multiplex systems (such as yours) when you connect the power cable backward it ALWAYS blows the fuses on the plow side module. You know that now though. :D
  9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ouchhhh! .
  10. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Seen that before.
  11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Thank god for fuses huh.