1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power broom/sweeper comparisons.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Laszlo Almasi, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I think a power broom is going to be my preferred route for my sidewalks and am looking for input from those that use them now and any insight they may have on one brand versus another. There are lots of them out there...Toro, TurfTeq etc...tell me what your experiences have been and what your recommendations might be.
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I had an echo multi tool for years, never for snow but for sand and gravel clean up in the spring. It held up well but the connection on the cable was plastic and just plumb wore out, making it (and all the attachments) useless. The new Stihl I bought has a metal connection on the cable, here's hoping it fares better.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry... my 5ft broom is a sweepster on a Kubota front mount. Also for spring clean up.
    Also utilize a broomer on a different front mount.
    If you are looking at walk behind units, there is an Italian make called BCS that I rented years ago that was far superior to sweepters walk behind model.