1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power angle problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by crete5245, Feb 24, 2013.

1. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Scratching my head on this one. Converted a e47 to a 57 new pump, new motor, new valves and coils. Did not get to use it last year because not any snow last year in the kansas city area. But this year after this big storm the plow will angle left (passeger side extended) and it will hold. Angle to the right (driver side ram extended) the plow will move back with little pressure put on the plow. Changed the seals on the C valvle like the book said nothing, replaced the seals on the crossover valve like the book said, nothing , replaced the C vavle just to make sure, nothing still moves. Put on a new block like the book said, fixed the problem. I just want to know why this is. looked in book looks like a check ball that is in the block that you can not replace, but it looks like if that check ball and spring was bad, it wood allow the plow to move in both direction, just wood like to know what is going on, is there a hole block?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would check the pilot check ball. This is what stops the fluid from leaving the drivers side ram. Pilot check ball does not effect the passenger side ram unless C valve is energized to allow fluid to go that direction. There is a plug on the bottom of PA block that will allow access to pilot check ball.

Edit, also make sure pilot piston moves freely.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I had a similar problem with my E60 when I got it, and after trying everything B&B told me to check my check ball....and it was missing

4. crete5245

crete5245 Member

forgot to mention, put in a new pilot , but not the ball. Does the ball go bad? Would not think it would but could be wrong.

5. kimber750

Normally I see the pilot stuck but rust or any damage on the check ball can allow fluid to get past.

6. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Kimber thanks for the info and sorry for so long getting back to. Been off work because of snow storm. I installed a new check ball and spring because we did find a bad spot on the old check ball.

But still not holding. Going to take out the pilot check valve, and look inside while having someone move the plow and see if fluid is still leaking past the check ball, maybe the seat where the check ball seals is bad and need a new block ....

7. kimber750

You can try seating the new ball with a brass drift and a few sharp whacks with a hammer. Don't get too crazy.

8. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Kimber.... Your the man. Tonight I did like you said and tapped on the new ball and seated it into the block, and ba boom it work and held in both direction... Thank you very much for the information

9. kimber750

Your welcome, glad you got it working. Thumbs Up