1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power angle plow help set up

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by dave lincoln, Dec 9, 2008.

1. dave lincoln

dave lincoln Junior Member

can any one help me with this? I have a volvo frontend loader and we were going to put a hydraulic power angle plow winter is coming and i am panicking over this. can some one send me some ideas,pictures or thoughts
    thanks guys
    dave:realmad:

2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I just set up and 11' p/a on my Cat 316. This will also fit my Cat IT28. What I did was keep on eye on local classified ads. Found one on Craigs list in Mass. $1300, fresh paint a new steel edge that had not seen a day of work with a 8" rubber edge in grest shape. Had to buy new fittings for the hoses, had my welder cut out and make up a tool hook to fit Cat machines (he is an excellent welder / fabricator) hooked it up and went to work. Tried it out in a dusting we had the other day, worked great. I don't have any pictures of it yet. I also have a Deere skid steer w/ 8' fisher, I just welded two ears in the bucket for that and has worked fine for the past 3-4 years. If you have a tool carrier, you would probably want to set it up that way, but is obviously more money. If you have the plow just weld the ears in the bucket, (not too deep, leave room to angle) and see how you like it before spending too much money om the tool carrier. There was a simm. thread on here that spoke about a valve to slow down the angle speed and there was another suggestion of putting a washer with only a small hole in it to slow down the speed also (just not sure how to get that to work). I will try to get some pics this week.

3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Check out Daniels straight blade plows. They even have a forum here on plowsite.

4. dave lincoln

dave lincoln Junior Member

thanks fellas