1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power angle not holding

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrfiestas, Mar 1, 2013.

1. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

I have a E60H set up that does everything its supposed to except it doesnt hold an angle in both directions. I can even move the blade from side to side by grabbing it and pushing on it. The fluid was changed recently with the correct fluid and is full. What does this sound like and what should I check? thanks

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

you need to check your cross over relief valve. One of the 2 o-rings may have given out, or the spring broke (usually due to lack of use/lubrication). You can purchase a rebuild kit for it, or purchase the new one piece cross over Meyer makes for the new P/A blocks. It will work in the older ones such as the block in your E-60H.

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Did it work before you changed the fluid? If so, you may have air in it and you will have to bleed it out. Get the blade lower than the truck and work it left and right to force it out.

4. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Yes, it did work before I changed the fluid. I filled it up several times as the fluid was low and it seemed to help but after being ful it still wont hold an angle. I will try bleeding it.

5. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Had a similar problem but would not hold in one direction. Kimber750 led me in the right direction.. also look at the piolot check valve and the ball and spring under that check valve. I had to take a brass punch and reset the ball into the seat. Put it back together and it held. With yours not holding in both direction would do as stated by fourtrax look at that cross over valve

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

definitely sounds like you have air in the cylinders. What I did the other day bleed the air out was park my truck in my driveway which is higher than the street, I then dropped the blade on the street and ran it lock to lock about 3 times and that did the trick.

7. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Ok, I will try that trick and see if it fixes it and report back as I also believe that sounds like the problem.

8. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

I put the plow in float mode and fully compressed the lift ram by hand then angled the plow back and forth 4 or 5 times to no effect. Is that what you mean?

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i just had one do the same thing. it was a bad crossover valve.

10. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

not the lift ram, you need to get the angle pistons at an angle so that the end of the ram where the fittings are is the highest point on the ram. Off the edge of a driveway, or as I did during a storm today, off the embankment of a stream next to a parking lot, then run the blade back and forth. If there is air in the pistons, you want that all the way at the top, and the only way to do that is to have the rams like I stated

11. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Mwalch. I tried what you said, got on a steep incline and the truck pointed down and worked the plow back and forth repeatadly, it cured it great except for it has a couple of inches of freeplay before the rams lock up. Any suggestions?

12. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

check your fluid level and try it again? Usually mine only takes about 30 seconds tops to purge the air out