1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power Angle Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CS-LAWNSERVICE, Sep 7, 2011.

My old Meyers blade does not have power angle on it but the pump I have has the fittings for it,I found a set of used angle cylinders on ebay for cheap (60.00)
    Will it be possible to just weld brackets to the A frame and plow ?
    Any thing special I should take into account?

Thanks a million in advance,I know I should have asked in advance but the parts were cheap and the buyout at 60 did not think they would last long enough to think it over.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I would think if you are a competent welder there would be no problem welding on some tabs for the cylinders. Your's doesn't have any?

The A frame does not I know for sure and the plow I do not think has them but it may right now its storming with left over hurricane parts sitting over the house it seems .

This was an impulse buy for me so did not do my checking first ,but Redneck I am Hammer Torch and Welder are all my friends.
  4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

also weld stops

if you can weld the brackets for the cylinders, also don't forget to weld on some stops once you mount the plow. It will save the plow blade from angling too far and getting stuck or bending up stuff. just a tip.

Ahh thanks for the Tip about the stops ,I had not even thought about stops .