1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power angle Atv plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by trod81, Jan 30, 2014.

1. trod81

trod81 Member

Hey took plow off my truck and now thinking about getting an Atv with a plow just to do the few driveways I do plow. Is there an Atv plow out there that has power/electric angle system out there?

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

3. whitegoldrider

whitegoldrider Member

Hey trod - Have you seen this? http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/sno/4264434952.html

It's quite a drive for you from the QC but I haven't been able to beat that price. The power pivot alone is $400 shipped on Amazon. Just make sure they make a front mount for your machine. I almost pulled the trigger on it but then decided that my current set up would be fine until I can get one of the new Boss setups.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

boss also has a ATV plow Power left/right up/down not sure about downpressure.

Warn as already posted.

you can get a moose or cycle country plow and add the fuse powersports turn system. Then use a winch for up/down or if you want down pressure get the Mibar lift system.

what type of area are you plowing and what type of atv are you thinking about getting?

5. trod81

trod81 Member

Found a guy that is will to trade my 2005 Kfx 400 for his 2004 arctic cat 400 with 1800 miles. Excellent condition he says with plow and 2500 warn winch.

6. trod81

trod81 Member

Driveways. I bought a plow for my 1500 and didn't have funds to take the necessary means to upgrade my vehicles suspension and didn't like how it felt on my truck. I will be buying this plow just to get through this season the figure something else out next year.

7. trod81

trod81 Member

Holy cow have I opened a can of worms. The plow I'm interested in comes with cmp plow. The one in the craigslist above has less than perfect reviews. I've seen a few guys online mention fabricating an angle function by installing an actuator....... Decisions devisions

8. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

the can been opened for a long time,

you just gave it a kick and dropped some fresh dirt in the can Thumbs Up

its all good.

9. trod81

trod81 Member

I like this one the best. You ready?!?!!
    A Rope with a pulley. Rope attached to pivot lever. Simple and cheap.

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

FWIW, I had power angle with my Cycle Country setup, which coincidently I got for free in '07 when I bought the quad. After 3 storms, the cable snapped. I found it easier to use an eye bolt to switch the angle. It was nice when I had it, but man I'm not that lazy.

11. trod81

trod81 Member

Read bad things about power pivot. The new one is pro pivot. If you knw what you are doing you shouldn't need to angle it that much anyways

12. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Have power angle on one of the UTVs that I use done with an actuator. Also use an actuator to raise and lower the plow too, also has down pressure which is nice.

13. trod81

trod81 Member

You got any pictures of that set up? What do you use to power it?

14. MattR

MattR Senior Member

No pics. It is fairly simple. three 12 volt actuators, 2 for turning and the other for lifting and lowering. Rocker style toggle switches to control the actuators. If I remember when I head over to the shop tomorrow, I will take pics.

15. trod81

trod81 Member

Sweet thanks

16. irv

irv Senior Member

ive had a warn power pivot since they came out in 07. its on a non
    provantage plow. have had great luck. there is a new second design
    out for the provantage plow.

17. trod81

trod81 Member

Yeah the new one is the pro pivot....,,............

18. szorno

szorno Senior Member

It would be well worth the trouble to check out the Boss ATV plow. I saw one and was very impressed with quality compared to the other regular brands. I would heavily discourage you from doing any kind of add-on cobb-job. Buy the right piece of equipment from the get-go if you are in business.

19. trod81

trod81 Member

Lol Cobb-job. If it works just as effective and is as durable what's the difference? Besides not having a sticker on it that says boss.......

Mooches

20. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Hate to break it to you, but my uncle must have brought the utv down to his house. There was a SS in the place where the utv is usually parked. Next time I get a chance to talk to his son, I will see if he can take some pics and send them to me.