1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powder snow removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigskytom, Nov 26, 2006.

1. bigskytom

bigskytom Junior Member
    from Montana

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum, and operate a property maintenance company and we are doing snow removal for my main client. We have been shoveling the apartments, and was wondering if anyone has ever tried a gas powered leaf blower? Temps out here in Big Sky country are pretty cold and most of the snow is very powdery and light (not like my former home on the shores of Lake Michigan).wesport
    Thanks in advance for your responses.
    Tom

2. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Big Sky,
    the leaf blower will work fine, depending on the wind. A power broom will also work well. Both depends on the depth and the wind.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They work great in my opinion.

Get ready for a bunch of noise complaints though from people in the apartments.

4. aus316

aus316 Member

always carry one in bed right next to snow blower and spreader :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

has to be very light snow for it to work well IMO, i used that for the first storm of the year last year as i wasn't ready for it with my actual snow equipment :cry: