1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poughkeepsie NY 10/29 10/30

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Stinson Landscp, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Stinson Landscp

Stinson Landscp Member

Few shots I took before, during and after the storm.

2. Stinson Landscp

Stinson Landscp Member

A few more

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a neighbor of yours so to speak.Mallen Excavating,also in Potown.Shop is in Po'k--6-8'',but where I live in Lake Carmel we got SLAMMED---16-18''. Just got power back last night.
  4. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

dog didn't want the marker to be there?
  5. Stinson Landscp

Stinson Landscp Member

it was in her way so she took care of it
  6. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I got about 16" in MT. Kisco NY and it was heavy. Broken trees everywhere. I just got power back about an hour ago. Man i wasnt ready for this one. I know they were forcasting it but i didnt beleive them, but I got throught the storm with no issues on either truck. I saw on the news that some place in western mass. was the hot spot with 27 inches. What a weird holloween. I have a few acounts in pound ridge ny thats about 10 miles east of my house and they only got about 6 inches.. This storms totals varied a lot from town to town. It reminded me of the spring snow storm 2 years ago with all the tress down. Hope the season continues like this.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  7. Stinson Landscp

Stinson Landscp Member

blue are you talking about the storm in late feb of 09? we got a lot of heavy snow then but not as much damage or power outages. this storm one minute you had a clear path to get out the next minute you were avoiding trees and live wires.
  8. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Yes that late feb storm sorry for the confusion. Well on that storm i lost power for 7 days. You are right this snowstorm was far worse
  9. Stinson Landscp

Stinson Landscp Member

yep remember that one. only got 3 hrs of sleep from when it started till the end. seemed like it snowed for 5 days straight